I have a brick facade on the front wall of my house that is about 40 inches high. The facade is structurally solid and doesn't move. Over the years it has separated from the house wall by as much a 3/4 inch leaving a large gap for water to accumulate next to the house wall. Can I simply fill the void with mortar or some kind of sealant or will it have to be rebuilt?