+ Reply to Thread

Default new faucet, old sink?

I have an old porcelain sink, and just bought a new faucet set for it. Everything seems ok - except that the center hole, for the spout, is too large for the new spout. The hole for the spout is 2 5/16" wide. Apparently spout holes in new sinks are smaller.

I don't want to buy a new sink if I can help it. Is it possible to find or have made some kind of adaptor/escutcheon plate that would make the new spout work in the old hole? It seems like it just needs two metal plates, one above, one below, with appropriate holes cut in, to allow the new spout to be installed. Obviously, ideally the top one would be chrome, to match...but I've had no luck so far, and would consider painting the top one white if necessary.

Anyone heard of anything like this?

Default Re: new faucet, old sink?

Check at a plumbing supply house, they may have what you need or know where to find it. You won't find any specialty thing like this at a big box.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Default Re: new faucet, old sink?

Like Mr. Spruce said you are going to have to look for this. Most holes are 1-3/8" now, but I have seen flat escutcheons that you maybe able to snip out more of the center to accept the faucet and stuff a couple of big bore washers on the bottom and underneath to accomplish your goal. Good Luck

Shaun.