+ Reply to Thread

Default Hot water baseboard heater type question

Been a long time viewer of these threads and they have helped me on many projects around the house. My wife and I recently purchased a new home that was built around 1910 and have ran into a problem.

We have three hot water baseboard heaters that I am unable to find a manufacturer for or the biggest problem, replacement covers.

I took pictures but the size constraints of the TOH won't allow me to upload them here or even post a link to them.

for example one of the baseboard heaters is 45" long 8" wide and 2" tall and the top of it is 8" off of the floor. They input goes through a splitter and splits into four pipes that run through the fins in parallel to each other and then its reduced down to a single pipe on the opposite end. The only identifiable marks I can find is the letters B.C. stamped on them.

If your familiar with photobucket the pictures can be seen in ajaychase album. There is only three pictures posted or if a moderator could attach them I would be indebted to them

Can anyone identify what type of baseboard heaters these are or where I may be able to get replacement covers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Hot water baseboard heater type question

Looks like I may have posted a question that people are having a hard time finding an answer to, myself included.

Default Simple

There convectors. What do yo want to know? What was the cabinet height before you took it off? Need that to determine it's sqft of EDR to calculate the btus. See page 44. Sorry had to post a link as I'm using my I-pad and don' have the PDF in my i-books.

http://hvac.amickracing.com/Hydronic...20Water%20.pdf

You may be able to get a beacon morris covector cover to fit them. Still have to do a heat loss to make sure you get the right height you will need.

http://www.beacon-morris.com/html/be..._convector.asp
    Last edited by hvhehcca; 08-26-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Default Re: Hot water baseboard heater type question

I want to thank you a lot you actually identified these heaters, more so then some of the heating contractors I called. The problem lies still though on how to calculate the BTU's then to get the proper size cover to fit them because there was no existing covers on them when we purchased the home.

PS the home was a HUD foreclosure so no chance in contacting previous owner.