+ Reply to Thread

Default Whole house fans

We had a wholehouse fan in our last home.it was in the hall worked out fine. Our problem is this home doesn`t have a hall that we can or flat ceiling except in the bedrooms the great room ceiling is sloped, the question is we have a small vertical wall over the pantry, can we mount it vertically? any help here would be great,we`re in SW fl. it would keep those seasonal change more comfortable. Thanks

Default Re: Whole house fans

I don't see why not. Give it a try. It may not be as effective though.
    Before you cut the wall, place the fan in front of the wall, run it and see if it works to your satisfaction. What do you think?
    Last edited by dj1; 08-25-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Thanks I may just try it.

I once installed an attic fan through the end wall in a mobile home, for the same exact purposes and reasons as you're contemplating now, no flat section of ceiling or adequate attic space for any other type of exhaust fan.

The exterior was finished off with a louver and the interior was finished with a weather tight door. The fan was operated by switch only, no thermostat. It worked quite well.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!