+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default What is this part?

    I have double-hung wood windows on my house circa ~ 1950. There is a part that screws to the frame that holds the storm window in place. One end of it broke, so I need to replace the part. I've been to all the popular hardware stores in my area (Home Depot, Menards, Lowes), and a couple local shops. No one has it, much less knows what it is called. It's aluminum, and has a plastic piece on each end that the storm window slides on. For the lack of a better term, I would call this thing a tension spring. It basically holds the sliding storm window against the other screen/storm window.

    #1) What is this part called?
    #2) Any suggestions where it can be found?

    Thanks in advance for the help anyone can offer. I'm stumped.

    Images below. The part is originally bare aluminum; it's painted brown in these photos.


    Last edited by philwestover; 08-20-2011 at 10:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Northern Virginia

    Default Re: What is this part?

    links don't work.
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011

    Default Re: What is this part?

    Sorry -- links updated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts