+ Reply to Thread

Default Do push button pop up bath sink drains work?

I have two sinks that drain poorly when the pop up stopper is in and are fine if I remove them. Adjusting doesn't help.

Do the push button style work?

Default Re: Do push button pop up bath sink drains work?

The good ones do. I had one for many years

Of course they work. I've installed a few of them over the years, and they are still working fine.

Consider replacing your bad ones.

Also check the traps. Sometimes a goo starts to grow and if long hair is involved.....

Pop-ups not draining is typically that they're too deep into the drain, meaning that they can't pop high enough for sufficient water flow. When you install and adjust it, do so with the stopper in the closed position and screw it in until it just stops the water from flowing. You'll be able to hear the drip through the overflow hole in the sink. This will give you maximum height when the stopper is in the open position.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Also check the traps. Sometimes a goo starts to grow and if long hair is involved.....
    There are few drains that can withstand the goo growth and hair clog problem. I've got the standard lever style stopper and every month or so I've got to take it apart and remove the goo/hair clog that is slowing the drain right at the lever.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!