+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Good Window for in a Bath Shower?

I am looking to remodel my bath room and I need to replace the tub and so I am thinking that the windows that is in the shower should be replaced at the same time. So I am wondering what would be the better one to use and I will need to match it in the future when I get to replacing the other windows in the house.

Any suggestions as to material of the window. Even brand name would be some info I could use to search out info on them.

Do they make a window that has some type of exterior that will repel the water from inside the shower.

In the planning stages just to get everything so I can do it in a timely manner.

Thanks,
    MMeehan

Default Re: Good Window for in a Bath Shower?

Any solid vinyl window will be fine. Normally in showers we use one that doesn't open so there is no mechanism to rust.

How about a Fiberglass framed window would that be a good choice as well as vinyl. Not seen many that don't open that is a good idea since I have yet to open the window there now.

Thanks,
    MMeehan

Fiberglass is also an excellent choice. Normally the non-opening winders are special ordered, which is no big deal.

I always liked the look of a 4'w x 1'h awning window above a tub surround, like 80" off the floor. With privacy glass; it lights the whole bathroom as the obscure glass diffuses the light, it's out of the way of the splash area; opening it dries the room pretty fast, supressing the formation of mold.
    Casey
    Remove not the ancient landmark, which your fathers have set.

No Shower Surround the window is 24 x 36 or so I will have to measure it again but it is similar to the other house windows and I can't afford to close off the window just not in the budget to reside the whole house. Will be squeezing my fund just to update the bath room with a tub, new vanity, sink, tile for the walls and floor and of course the window.

And it is a DIY Project and it is going to be a chore to get the cast iron tub out...

MMeehan

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Any solid vinyl window will be fine. Normally in showers we use one that doesn't open so there is no mechanism to rust.
    Correct, its complete meet with my opinion.

Vinyl is all you need, i had that once in an apartment

Quote Originally Posted by MMeehan View Post
    Do they make a window that has some type of exterior that will repel the water from inside the shower.

Thanks,
    MMeehan
    Yeah Glass Block
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content