+ Reply to Thread

Question kitchen faucet problem

My kit sink facuet is relatively new but recently it has seized up & is hard to turn the spicket(spout?) from the left sink to the right sink. It has become loose at the base & moves somewhat when it is directed to the opposite side. Do I need a new faucet or does this one need new gaskets or washers or something? Do parts wear out on faucets?

Default Re: kitchen faucet problem

What brand and model is the faucet?

Most name brand faucets can be rebuilt which should take care of the issues you're experiencing. If you're relatively handy, this is a pretty simple task that can be done for less than $20. If you're not handy, then it's something better left to a handyman or professional to do for you.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Jrcilla:

Is this a single lever kitchen faucet or one with two knobs?

If your kitchen faucet has two knobs, then the faucet spout is normally just held on with a knurled ring. Once you remove that knurled ring, the faucet spout just pulls straight out of the faucet. To solve the problem in that case, you simply lubricate the ID of the bore the O-ring fits in, and lubricate the O-ring as well.

And, my experience has been that silicone grease works much better than the heat resistant grease that faucets and cartridges normally come lubricated from the factory with.
    Last edited by Nestor; 08-04-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
    Jrcilla:

Is this a single lever kitchen faucet or one with two knobs?

If your kitchen faucet has two knobs, then the faucet spout is normally just held on with a knurled ring. Once you remove that knurled ring, the faucet spout just pulls straight out of the faucet. To solve the problem in that case, you simply lubricate the ID of the bore the O-ring fits in, and lubricate the O-ring as well.

And, my experience has been that silicone grease works much better than the heat resistant grease that faucets and cartridges normally come lubricated from the factory with.
    If your going to remove the spout then change the O ring before reinstalling, it's more then likely damaged from forcing it. Also the reason the bottom plate is moving is because by forcing the spout to swing, the faucet has probably become loose on the sink. You can tighten it from under the sink.

John

Thank you so much for all your suggestions. My kitchen faucet has one handle (a lever of sorts) and it also has a hose spray thing seperately which is not working correctly either. Suggestions? Thanks again for all your ideas.

If the base moves, then the faucet needs to be tightened again. Harder this time.

Sounds like the installed didn't bother to flush the lines or the screen / filter either.

:stick:

If you could tell as the make of your faucet we could give you a much more informed answer as to what needs to be done to repair your faucet. If you don't know the make a picture would be a great help.

John

Use WD-40 and work it.