+ Reply to Thread

Thread: plumbing

Smile plumbing

I work at some residential apartments and one of the problems that i am faced with is the ac drain keep making noise. from the 3rd floor too the first floor.If i plug the drain line with my finger it goes away but if I dont it keeps making a noise. I feel air pressure coming up the drain line. What can I do to stop the noise from traveling up the drain lines to each floor without blocking the drain lines ? Can you or anyone help me please ?

Default Re: plumbing

Sounds like a partial block (Alge/sludge build up)'maybe" even combined with a venting issue depending on how its tied in.

Have you checked to make sure the end of the drain pipe on the exterior isnt covered or blocked ? This is pretty common

Have you tried to snake it as far you can ? Use a elec fish tape.

Ive unblocked lines with a shop vac before. Not 3 storys though....
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

What kind of noise is it?

Water drop noise? pipe rattling noise?

It's making a gurgling sound. In the first floor apt the main line comes up from under neath the foundation too . It's a four inch wide pvc tube where the other 3 drain lines run into it to drain. The main drain ,the big one is pushing air to those other drain lines and making them make a gurgling sound like its dripping but its not.

Based on this latest information from you, I agree with gizmo: you have a blockage, perhaps down where the 3 or 4 lines join together.