I recently purchased a 1902 Craftsman fixer upper and today as I was looking over one of the Living Room walls I noticed one corner was sealed with packing tape and then painted over. After ripping off the tape it revealed a fairly large crack where the two walls join.
The foundation and structure has already been inspected and the walls and floors in this room are sturdy and level.
So how would this crack have gotten here over the years? It almost looks as if someone actually scrapped it out themselves.
What would the best method of repairing it be?
The walls are textured so I'm worried that a typical mud or sealer won't adhere thoroughly like it would on a smooth surface.