+ Reply to Thread

Default new sink install help with the drain please!!!

ok here we go...i have a carport that i boxed in so i could have another room in my home...i have the washer and dryer on the other side of one of the walls and i want to cut into that wall and tap into the hot and cold water as well as the drain so i can add a sink in my added room...ok, i understand and know how to do the water part with no problem but my question is what is the best way to tap into the drain and install the p trap for the new sink?...first off there is about a 16" drop between the two rooms so i will be below the washer drain, and that is why i am asking about this before i start the task...my thoughts are just to find out what size the drain is and cut it and add a tee then tap in like that but does this sound ok or is there another way i should do this?? please help!

Default Re: new sink install help with the drain please!!!

your plan sounds correct with me regarding the tee, but i'd check with NashuaTech....he seems to be our plumbing expert here, i'm sure he could answer this one

Default Re: new sink install help with the drain please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MLBSF View Post
    your plan sounds correct with me regarding the tee, but i'd check with NashuaTech....he seems to be our plumbing expert here, i'm sure he could answer this one
    ok thanks, how would i contact nashuatech?