+ Reply to Thread

Default Whirlpool Dishwasher Issue

I have a Whirlpool DU1014XTXQ Quiet Partner 1 dishwasher and once I set the buttons to run and push start after about 10 seconde the start/resume light flashes and unit will not operate.
    I oprn and close door and reset buttons and it will run for 5 minutes or so and then start/resume light flashes and unit doesn't operate. this unit is 5 months old and just started having this problem. If I do the previously mentioned things enough I can get it to run full cycle. This is a reoccuring issue.
    Any ideas? Could it be an issue with the latching system?

Thanks
    Keith

Default Re: Whirlpool Dishwasher Issue

Is the unit still under warranty?

If so, transform this situation into an S.E.P. by contacting the Whirlpool factory authorized repair depot in your area.

S.E.P. means Somebody Else's Problem

First try what Nestor suggests, by calling the company to enforce the warranty.

But if Whirlpool sends your calls to Pakistan, do what I do in a case like this: replace the circiut board. On this model, it's about $80, and an advanced DIYer can tackle the replacement of an item like this.

Caution: label each wire you plan to disconnect before you disconnect it.

Only 5 months old it better still be under warranty!

I will be calling them for sure, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or new of this being an issue.

Thanks

Yep, sounds like a motherboard problem to me. Could be loose connections to the motherboard as well, or heaven forbid water got in there.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post

But if Whirlpool sends your calls to Pakistan, do what I do in a case like this: replace the circiut board. On this model, it's about $80, and an advanced DIYer can tackle the replacement of an item like this.

Caution: label each wire you plan to disconnect before you disconnect it.
    5 years ago, I had a Kenmore Elite ($1,000 paid) go down after 2.5 years, just beyond the 24 mo. warranty. According to the tech, it would be $500 to replace the main circuit board (the motor actually went bad first, and we continued to use it, which aparently made things worse). Total repair estimate was about $700, and for that, I replaced it with a new Bosch and haven't (and never will) buy Kenmore again.

I also had a circuit board replaced on a 10,000 BTU mini-split A/C for about $600.

Supposedly, the cost for any major circuit board is more like $400, or at least that's what I getting from repair techs.

If it's the main board, good thing it's under warranty. I don't think you'll get for $80 plus labor.

You're right about the prices - you have been paying FULL retail prices. If you have access to wholesales outlets, thru a friend or a neighbor, you can have substential discounts - just like any other product on the market.

Regarding Kenmore: it's just a brand name. Sears has nothing to do with the manufacturing of their products. Their Kenmore dishwashers can come from any of the big three manufacturers, who control the majority of the market, since they have acquired most of the small companies, but kept their names.

When Kenmore covers a repair under the warranty, trust me, they make money in the process (in labor charges back to the manufacturer). They actually like to do that, to gain access to your future business. Believe or not, some folks keep fixing their appliances, no matter the price.

Regarding German or Euro appliances: Wait till they break down. When they do you'll be back to domestic brands.