Poll: Should Moderators be more aggressive

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Poll for our members

Since we now have User Moderators the amount of spam on the forum has been significantly reduced, however it appears that spammers are getting trickier and start posting copied posts, short non informational lines, or questions of dubious sincerity while using the "signature line for links" to their wed sites. While I have no problem with pros using the signature line in order to verify their expertise I do have a problem with abuse of the privilege. For instance posts like "I would like to know that also" and a signature link to a jewelry web site. Often these posters post 10 or more posts in one day.

My question is should we, the Moderators become more aggressive in deleting these post?

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Poll for our members

it would be helpful for other members to report anything questionable that they maybe see. i delete anything that seems fishy to me though i dont read every post on the board, only threads that may interest me unless i get a notice that a post has been flagged

to help with reducing the signature being used as a link, i ask for any pros on here to not post a link for their site, i have no issue with the name and slogan of the company though
    fire up the saw and make some dust

I have no problem with the moderators deleting the spammers back to the depths of hell that they are spawned from.

To me it's pretty obvious when a post is spam and when it's someone posting in earnest. For those occasional few that are a tough judgment call, leave them until the spammer proves themselves to be what they truly are and then delete/ban them.

Can the User Mods view the "report post" report? It's easier to hit that red button than to PM someone, but I'll make more effort either way.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Can the User Mods view the "report post" report? It's easier to hit that red button than to PM someone, but I'll make more effort either way.
    We recieve and e-mail of any post that is reported. That is the fastest way to get action.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

yup, we get emails as soon as the report button is hit

It seems that most of the spammers appear to be from overseas. When you read their posts it sounds as if you were talking to someone who is speaking broken English. Of course no matter what methods that people come up with to combat the spammers they will come up with something new.

So far, members prefer to root out spam. If it can be done, I say go for it.
    It's annoying, invasive, troublesome and whatever else. Something like weed in your beautiful lawn.

Talking Re: Poll for our members

or canuk sticking his head in your beer fridge

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    or canuk sticking his head in your beer fridge

He is so gonna make you pay for that comment!
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

um im the one with the power, he does so much as fart in my direction and ill ban him