+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: calling all plumbers.....questions

Quote Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
    Dealing with toilet parts now.......I know what the item on the left is, but not the right. Anyone?
    From my understanding, it is a spud.

Quote Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
    Whoa! The Signature Hardware link that someone provided earlier sells the 2x6x8 chrome flush ell for $43.95. Their site states it is 22 gauge brass tubing. I just got off the phone with someone at Bathroom Machineries and he wasn't sure what gauge his was...he said either 22 or 19. Their 2x6x8 chrome flush ell sells for $70.50. That is a BIG difference!!!! Especially when I have to buy two of them. I know that they are both brass with brass nuts, so in this case, I think I'll go with Signature Hardware. Besides, I'll be buying 2 porcelain handled flush levers from Bathroom Machineries at $36 each. Just spreading my money around.
    Before you buy, check out this page: http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/Sea...let+tank+elbow

$15-23 is a lot easier to stomach. No need to flush so much money down the drain.

Do a search for "spud" on that site, too. They have them.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

OK....so I just called PlumbPak, which is under the Keeney Manufacturing. He said their elbows are chrome plated yellow brass, but that the slip nuts are chrome plated zinc. Someone earlier stated to make sure the nuts were brass as well. The Keeney guy told me you could order them in yellow brass by placing a 'B' at the end of the number. It seems much easier to just order something I know is what I want.
    peace,
    Sophie