+ Reply to Thread

Default Plain Old House Exterior

Greetings:

We live in a house on a lake in Minnesota that we purchased 7 years ago. The previous owner was the GC when he built it. According to the locals, he was probably short a few tools in the belt. Additionally, he purchased the house plans off the Internet for a style home suited for the northwestern United States as the utility room is in the garage.

While the structural components of the home are solid, I beleive he ran out of money during the finishing. This is fairly obvious due to the finish work inside and lack of finish detail, landscape, etc on the exterior.

We remodled the guest house in the back and had the exterior conform with the main house...same roof pitch, siding, window color, etc. We also added a stone ledge to the guest house.

My wife and I would like to upgrade the exterior on the main house and we both have good ideas. We have also discussed adding onto the house (area to right side of picture). We are looking for any ideas you have to offer. Thanks in advance...j
    Last edited by beachfarmer; 06-29-2011 at 07:32 PM. Reason: trying to add pic

Default Re: Plain Old House Exterior

There is no photo.

For the exterior, my only suggestion will be not to do something which is not typical/common to your area.

For example: if most homes in the area have siding, do siding.

Default Re: Plain Old House Exterior

I'm having difficulty uploading a pic...still trying...j