+ Reply to Thread

Thread: reuse cellulose

Default reuse cellulose

Howdy been deconstucting an old home and have about 100 bags of cellulose insulation any issues with reusing it? I figure pouring it into place as some plaster in it -not much plaster....
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

Default Re: reuse cellulose

There's no reason not to reuse it, though re-blowing it in would be the best and easiest, pouring will work as well.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

if you can bag it up you can reuse it. another option is use a shop vac that can have a outtake hose that pumps into a garbage can with a lid. no reason you cant reuse it unless it got wet

ive done it with fibreglass thats blown in
    fire up the saw and make some dust

thanks guys. I am super insulating the grand old home i'm renovating and want to not dispose of material that i can reuse from the home next door that i am deconstructing. Was consider blowing it in but with some plaster debris thought against it as do not want to damage anyone's blower.
    Hope you all are having a good summer.
    Any an all of my comments are just my opinion and not to be confused with facts.

i cant really see the plaster damaging the machine, its a pretty sturdy peice of equipment. having the cellulose already loose makes it kinda easier on the guy loading the hopper as they dont have to break it all up so the machine can pump it
    fire up the saw and make some dust