+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Unique Ice Dam over Sunroom - Please Help!

having a transition like this requires a more intricate flashing detail, where the metal roof ends there should be a peice of not only ice and water shielf that laps over teh metal but goes up the main roof but also a peice of metal then another peice of ice and water that covers the top edge of the metal
    fire up the saw and make some dust

Question Re: Unique Ice Dam over Sunroom - Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by jkirk View Post
    having a transition like this requires a more intricate flashing detail, where the metal roof ends there should be a peice of not only ice and water shielf that laps over teh metal but goes up the main roof but also a peice of metal then another peice of ice and water that covers the top edge of the metal
    I appreciate your advice. So, once the shingles and old flashing are out of the way, I should have the ice & water shield, then flashing, then more ice & water shield on top of that, right? Do I need regular underlayment in there somewhere too? If so, where does it go?

And do you think I can get away with just removing the bottom rows of shingles, or do I have to do the whole roof? I just want to stop the leak from the ice dam for a couple more winters until I buy a whole new roof.

Thanks.