+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can't attach .jpg

I can't get my .jpg picture to attach to a new thread/post, the message is:
    "Upload errors: This is not a valid image file."
    The picture/file is 210 x 280, 18.2 KB, the local name is "ac4.jpg".
    It complies with the size restrictions in the attachment key window. I tried yesterday and then again today (hoping it was a temporary server issue).
    I'm sure that the size is as I desribed and the picture opens fine in any standard app like IE so there's nothing wrong with it.
    Secondarily, why are there separate size restrictions for .jpeg and .jpg, these are the same formats (note the file I'm complaining about fits the more restrictive size limit for .jpeg even thought the extension is .jpg)?

Default Re: Can't attach .jpg

I believe new members are restricted from posting images due to spam issues we've had in the past. A few things have changed since then and hopefully posting images will go back to how it was. You can probably host the image ****** somewhere and link to it in the meantime.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I believe Spruce is correct. Because of the multitude of drug and ****o spam that was posted with pictures , the site nows requires you to have posted at least 10 undeleted or moderated posts before you can attach pictures. If your picture is necessary for your post you can e-mail the picture to me and I will post it for you.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    If your picture is necessary for your post you can e-mail the picture to me and I will post it for you.

Jack
    I have a rather compromising picture of jkirk, if I send it to you, can you post it for me?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I can even post it as large size picture.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I'm sure he'd appreciate that.

Thanks (Spruce and Jack) for the info.
    It would be a good idea to put this info in the FAQ and especially the "How to Post" which includes how to post pictures, especially given that only newer member's would bother reading that section at all.
    I will try to host the pic at tinypic.com and include a link.

Default Re: Can't attach .jpg - Uhg!

Previously I tried to attach the pic.
    I just tried to include a link (to tiny pic) instead.
    It didnt' work, but at least for this method it gave a useful error message:

"The following errors occurred with your submission:
    To be able to post links or images your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 4 posts.

Please remove links from your message, then you will be able to submit your post"

Funny thing is that it is counting these posts about not begin able to post a picture towards my 10 count.

I ran into the same issue. When I tried to attach a picture, I was told it was not a valid image, even though it fit the requirements.

When I tried to imbed a link to my image on flickr, I got the message about needing to post at least 10 times first.

So, I guess I have 9 more to go.

There are ways to post a link without "posting" a link, and that is to put a space between or spell out the dot.

Example, edit this link:

www.tinypic.com

to this

www tinypic.com or www dot tinypic.com