+ Reply to Thread

Threaded View

Default Frost Proof Outdoor Facuet Issues???

Five years ago I installed a Frost Proof Outdoor faceut on the north side of my house. Each and every year I have had nothing but issues with it the first 2 years water sprayed out of the plastic knob on the top and the water that did come out was about half pressure of the one at the rear of the house and the water main in is about 6 feet from this Frost Proof facuet which should be better than what I get at the rear facuet that does not have this Frost Proof type Facuet. Last year it came out the top and barely had any water come out the facuet itself. And now this year nothing comes out anywhere. not the top nor the facuet itself. I thought using this was to help with issues and yet all this has caused is major issues. Why does this happen if the seal/valve is inside the house and better protected than the usual facuet used?

Might have to go back to the old standard ones because this is costing me more time and money playing to get it to trickel out some water if any. I hate plumbing and thought this would be the "Best" way to go but now I doubt these are worth it at all. Will have to replace it and go back to the old only good thing is I installed a shut off to this so I don't have to sut the whole house off to replace this.

Just wondering why they promote something that is useless!!!

Last edited by MMeehan; 06-19-2011 at 05:21 PM.