+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question portable dishwasher

hi, i have a old kenmore portable dishwasher that recently died. now when i say old i mean its from the 60s. anyways, would i be able to remove the old washer unit and replace it with a newer internal dishwasher. the new portables just seem too exspensive.
    the way it is setup is also different; there is a actual external water and drainage connection.

thanks

Default Re: portable dishwasher

i guess no one knows

Quote Originally Posted by techguy View Post
    i guess no one knows
    We don't know what it is you're asking -- details please
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

If you are asking if it can be rebuilt, the answer is probably but the cost would be higher than buying a new unit.

Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

If I'm reading this correctly, you're able to pull the old washer out of it's mobile case, and you're wondering if you can install a new standard washer in it's place. As long as the new dishwasher will fit within the dimensions of the old case, yeah, you probably can. You're also going to have to install a power cord and plumb the intake and discharge hoses to the old faucet hook-up.

If you're handy, you can probably make this work with relative ease. If you're not, then you're probably out of luck.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I read the posting three times and I also understood that Techguy wants to remove the portable dishwasher and install a built in dishwasher.

Yes it can be done. Like Spruce mentioned, you need the space under the counter, hot water supply (available under the sink), drain (from the dishwasher to an AIR GAP, from the air gap to the garbage disposer) and electrical connection. EZ when you know how. Not EZ when you don't (in which case you call a plumber).

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Yes it can be done. Like Spruce mentioned, you need the space under the counter
    Nope we're talking about two different things.

I believe the OP wants to take the broken dishwasher out of it's portable cabinet and install a new under counter type machine into the portable cabinet, not into the built in cabinetry of the kitchen.

But then, I could be wrong ...
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Spruce, I guess we're going to have to wait for Techguy to clarify his posting.

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Spruce, I guess we're going to have to wait for Techguy to clarify his posting.
    Well THAT'S no fun!

Well spruce, while we're waiting...

have you ever heard of a Chinese singer DENG LIJUN (English name TERESA TENG)?

Famous all over asia, she sang in 9 languages, including English. You can listen to her on Youtube.