+ Reply to Thread

Post Leaky shower head

The shower head in one of our bathrooms keeps dripping after taking a shower. The problem is not with the shower head because it is a new one. This bathroom does not have tub - only a shower. I am not sure how to get this fixed.
    Thanks
    KS

Default Re: Leaky shower head

More information is needed. Make of faucet would help. You may need a cartridge or washer depending on the faucet. Is it two handle or single lever?

John

Your problem is inside the body (in the wall).

Different brands have different systems: from washers and seats to cartridges, stems to pressure balance valves. Some require special tools the disassemble.

Determine your special system and replace it accordingly.

Thanks for the response.

I had a doubt it was in the wall because I had replaced the washer sometime ago to see if it would fix the problem.

Thanks again.
    KS

If you have a body with seats and washers, and you have replaced the washers to no avail, maybe the problem is the seats.

Seats age with time, though not as rapidly as washers. Replace them as needed. New seats and new washers should stop the leak.

Note: parts must be the right ones for your brand or you will continue to have a leak. Be careful threading the new seats.