Question Repairing Stucco on masonite

I have 4x8 and 4x9 stucco on Masonite siding on my spanish 2 story. The original 33 years ago went bad and Masonite provided replacement siding but the grooves that interlock together on sides are different as the thickness is different. I am trying not to replace sheets as I will have to do the whole side of the house to fix one sheet as a new sheet is not compatible with older sheet. On the lower corners and bottom edge water has shrunk the fiberboard. I am wondering has anyone found a way to repair the water soaked corners maybe by hardening the material and some plaster repair. The area's are often 3 inches wide and 3 inches high on a full sheet. Maybe KILZ over the top of the repair would prevent water from being absorbed after the repair, if anyone has a suggestion in the first place?
    We used to call this stuff Stuccado Plywood, but it is stucco finish over hardboard. If I had the cash I would replace with concrete board!

Default Re: Repairing Stucco on masonite

Are there any 1x battens over the seams on the siding. Most Spanish or English Tudor homes Ive ever built usally has 1x6 cedar over the seam/joint.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Gizmo: NO, I always thought having board batting would hold moisture or stop the water from flowing over the top on down. I do have trim 1x4 on the side ends of the house and along the top of the board under the eaves but nothing in the joints or bottoms. The bottoms are the worst on the lower levels, thought maybe I could use Rock Hard putty and patch the bottoms and then prime x2 underneather the lower lip of the board to stop the sponge effect or I could go against my thoughts and run a 1x4 trim board along the bottom caulking the top to the siding and do the primer on and under the bottom edges. What do you think?

No I wouldnt do a patch,it needs to be replaced.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content