+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Underground Sprinkler Help

I draw my water from a pond that leads up to my house about a 25-30 foot incline from the pond to the house. the system has worked great, but this year when i started up the system black muddy water came out of the sprinklers and i dont seem to have as much pressure, i have no clue what the problem is. Also should i be using gear driven or impact sprinklers? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Default Re: Underground Sprinkler Help

With the few details you provide, it's not easy to guess.
    If you have a pvc pipe leading to the house, you may have a crack in it. That would explain the low pressure and the muddy water.

Hi dj1 - i let the system run in all 3 zones for an entire cycle, the muddy water eventually turned clear, however the pressure is still an issue. I get a good stream of water but not enough to force the impact sprinkler to return. do you thing the intake screen in the pond could be clogged?

Benedict, that's a possibility. Take it apart and clean, if necessay. Then see if the pressure is good.
    if not, remove the first sprinkler head, turn the water on and see if the water comes out with good pressure. If not, your problem may be in your pipe.

Time to flush all the lines with clear water. Take the filters out of the heads and valves.

ok, i discovered that my filter basket was missing at the end of my irrigation line leading into the pond, that is why i was sucking up mud. I have fixed this, then i removed the guts of thr first sprinkler in each zone to flush any junk out. i then replaced the guts and ran the system and all was good, the next morning they came on and again the pressure was weak again, i then went down and drained and reprimed the pump, it worked perfectly, but then the next morning the pressure was weak again. i have replaced the check point cleaned the pump from any debris, do i need a new pump???? thanks in advance!!!!!!