I'm going to help a friend put in wiring for an electric stove. From what I've seen ******, people mention putting in 30, 40, or 50 amp breakers. I'm not sure how you choose.

At this point, the wiring will go in before he gets a stove, so wouldn't the most flexible option be to install a 50 amp breaker with the corresponding gauge wire? I'm assuming that if the stove required a 30 amp breaker, by providing a higher rated breaker and corresponding gauge wire would be OK?