+ Reply to Thread

Default Choosing an ecconomical toilet. dual flush vs single watersense

I want to put in new economical costing toilets in my home(initial cost and water savings). Single person use. I'm having a hard time choosing between dual flush and some of the watersense single flushes at places like homedepot. Do the low cost watersense toilets flush well for both solids and liquids. Some dual flushes rated excellent for solids, but have problem with liquids. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Choosing an ecconomical toilet. dual flush vs single watersense

as far as good performing toilets you get what you pay for. Stay with the major brands. Toto, Kohler & American Standard. In that order. The dual flush, in my opinion have yet to prove them-self.

John

Default Re: Choosing an ecconomical toilet. dual flush vs single watersense

The dual flush toilets, which are very popular in Asia, are yet to get a hold on the US market, like John said.
    They are relatively more expensive, and it would take you years of flushings to justify the investment.
    I install made in USA brands only, such as Eljer, Kohler, Mansfield, American Std, to name a few, and have had good success. I stay away from imports. They all offer 1.6 gal or less per flush. If you install a "fluidmaster" fill valve in the tank, you can mecanically control the water level. But don't reduce the water level too much to save on water - you'll have to flush twice for solids...