I have a friend who's son has muscular dystrophy. He is at the point where he is going to put the door into his therapy area. There doesn't seem to be a door on the market that fits all his criteria so I have designed a system out of available components from several manufacturers that we will build to fit his needs. The one problem I have is this:

We need a push button electronic door opener. We have that covered with a LCN Benchmark III #9130. We liked the feature on the door where it will actually put a little pressure on the top of the door to press it into the weatherstrip.

Here is my concern:
We want to use a residential door with wooden frame as this is going in his house and we are worried about the looks/efficiency of a commercial type steel door on a steel frame. The closer/opener puts pressure on the top of the door. I am worried that a residential steel or fiberglass door with a Q-lon weatherstrip will seal great at the top but without someway to push or pull the door into the weatherstrip at the middle or bottom a driving rain with high winds could cause the door to leak. I first thought of using an electromagnetic lock with 1500lb of force at the bottom of the door thinking that it could pull the door into the weatherstrip. I talked to an engineer at a manufacturer for these types of locks and she stated that the electromagnet will not attract the strike to "pull" it into the weatherstrip but once it touches will secure the door.

Anyone have any knowledge of any electronic reach-out locks on the market or have any ideas on how we can get pressure at the bottom of the door that will release upon pressing the door actuator button?

Sorry for the length of the post and thanks in advance for any ideas.