+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kitchen Problem

Default Kitchen Problem

I have a vent near the ceiling in my kitchen (no controls/damper) that when the heat/AC/fan is on blows directly on my gas burners. I have to build a wall of cereal boxes, or cookie sheets to block the air in order to boil anything. I know that I can replace the grille with a register, but I would need to drag a stool or chair in order to adjust the air flow with the typical register. What are three-way registers primarily used for? Are their any registers with a different type of opener/closer that I could manuever without having to use a stool to adjust? Help!

Default Re: Kitchen Problem

I think you'll find that once you've got the register adjusted so that it doesn't blow out your cooktop, you won't be messing with it anymore. If you do end up having to adjust it regularly, then I would suggest installing a short pull/push rod on the actuator lever which will eliminate the need to pull out a step stool for the duty.

There are all kinds of things that can be repurposed for the push rod, such as a length of wire coat hanger, bronze or brass welding rod, a blind actuator rod, etc. You could also probably cut a hook in the end of a yard stick (do they stil make those? ) or similar piece of wood.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    . You could also probably cut a hook in the end of a yard stick (do they stil make those? ) or similar piece of wood.
    Of coarse they do Spruce...............

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEcQ8wIwAg#
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Of coarse they do Spruce...............

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEcQ8wIwAg#
    Ah, yes, but how long is it?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!