+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Help water leak thru picture window during rain storm

I just bought an 21 year old condo with 5 big picture windows. During the last Saturday heavy rain(bucks county,PA), I just notice that water seep thru one of the lower picture window on the right side(more like running when the rain was heavy) into interior of home( above this window is another picture window). I went outside and could not find anywhere that possible the water can come thru as there is siding and all the covering. It seems that it must have leak thru the inside wall/siding. Now who should I call, I have no idea what to do but freak-out about how long this problem existed and is it possible mold is growing, what is the cost of replacing those window. I also found out that the 2 upper windows' inside pane were crack on the corner side.

Is it possible that the leaks is related to the roof and Chimney or downspout?? The condo association just replace the roof 3 years ago. I have never lived in a condo before.

I really need a break from all these miseries upcoming divorce after 25 years , my poor health and now this leaking condo.

Default Re: Help water leak thru picture window during rain storm

It is normal that you encounter some problems if you buy and old one.....Next time check first... BE PATIENT......
    Last edited by cRizsmyth; 04-19-2011 at 05:40 AM.
    It's me Christian..Browse the net and search for Hidden Content .Properties that provides great satisfaction at a reasonable price..

This happens to me too. But I doubt if it is because of the roof or the chimney.

Caulk is your best friend in cases like this.

As a trouble shooting method I would wait until the rain stops then take a hose to the window from the outside. Spray the entire area around the windows then go back inside and see if you have water. If so, completely caulk the entire outside perimeter of all your windows.

If not it is coming from somewhere else such as your roof. It is hard to say how far it may escalate if it is coming from somewhere else but you may want to check your attic for signs of water damage.

first step, find the hole!!!

The condo assoc. may pay for an inspector to determine the source of the leak. It is possible it is coming from an upstairs neighbor too.
    Check the condo rules or ask a board member what approach to take.