+ Reply to Thread

Default install non-carpet floor covering in 3 season porch

I have a 3 season porch in my circa 1920 home in SE Minnesota. The Armstrong Company advised me against installing glueless sheet vinyl, since the temp goes down below 30 degrees F. Is there any kind of sheet goods ie linoleum that will work there, or should I just go with a glueless laminate? thanks, Joe

Default Re: install non-carpet floor covering in 3 season porch

Joe,let me know what you what you find for your porch floor as I have been searching for something like it for a while. I have a cedar deck off my master bedroom which has a screened in porch underneath it. The rain and melted snow drip down onto my furniture in the screened in area. I have been using tarps from home depot for the past 3 years, but they do not work so good.I have been looking for something to lay over the cedar deck floor to correct this problem. I did see this same problem on one of the shows last year, but cannot recall the material they used. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thank you.alancajcmag@aol.com

Impact glueless vinyl flooring from Ivc company will work in cold areas. They carry it at Menards. Joe

if you want the look of linoleum but shouldn't glue it down then find some of the lino laminate equivalents, floating wood.

I do have to ask, what type of heating are you using in this room? See if you installed radiant floor heat, it wouldn't be a 3 season area plus, it would solve your sheet/glue problems as well.
    Debby in Oklahoma

Arrow Re: install non-carpet floor covering in 3 season porch

There is also another way: you can lay hardiboard (backer board) down on top of the material (if it is wood), then apply a skim coat of concrete on top (you can decorate the concrete) or stamp it to look like wood, tile, or stone. It is amazing what you can do with concrete nowadays, plus it is all-season proof.

NOVAPros