+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backyard Bridge

Default Re: Backyard Bridge

You're welcome.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

I have a bridge that spans a creek in my backyard . Normaly there is just a trickle of water flowing . During periods of hard rain , the water can rise well over the bridge with a VERY strong current . The bridge supports are sunk deep in the ground
    to prevent it being washed away . Something to consider .

djohns:

what type of bridge did you build? are the bridge supports concreted into the ground? any chance you could snap and attach a pic?

I was thinking about maybe making a bridge like you would see over a river, two supports on either side, cable high and low, treads supported on the bottom cable (even though i am not sure how to actually afix the treads to the bottom support) -

any ideas on where to look?

fyi:

found this website with links to several sets of plans for different bridges - http://www.backyardspaces.com/bridge.html

will figure it out.
    thanks
    stuckinnj

Check out the Lava Canyon Suspension Bridge. Might give you some ideas.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.