I'm getting ready to re-plumb all the supply lines in my 101 year old house. They are all galvanized and I'm using PEX. The question I have is what is the standard method to transition from PEX to fixtures that currently have shut-off valves (toilets, faucets)? Should I just use a transition piece that is PEX on one side and 1/2" pipe on the other, then connect to the fixture using the traditional flexible hose? Or should I install a shutoff valve at the end of the PEX and connect that to the flexible pipe (I'm using a manabloc manifold so will already have a shut-off valve for each fixture in my basement)?