I'm looking to buy my first house, and a small (1014 sq ft) 1947 bungalow came up for sale in a very desirable location, listed at about half of what comparable houses near it have been sold for recently. It's an estate sale being sold "as is" and one of the problems with this house is that there are NO grounded outlets except for 1 in the kitchen and 1 in the bathroom. They are all 2-prong. I don't know much about wiring (hence the username "TOTALN00B"), and would have to hire someone to re-wire most of the house. Has anyone had a small house re-wired, and how much can I expect it to cost? It's a 2-bedroom, 1-bath with a laundry room. There are actually some sort of 3-prong converters in the laundry room, that the washer & dryer are plugged into, but somehow it doesn't seem kosher...especially the one that's just a plastic plug attachment. (Will attach pics as soon as I've made the necessary 10 posts).

This is the only house that I can afford in the town where I own a shop, unfortunately. And the mortgage on this particular house would be cheaper than most apartments rent for here! But I need to make sure I'd have enough money for things like re-wiring... The house was occupied by a 90-year-old who seemed to have kept it mostly as it was in 1947...