+ Reply to Thread

Default Dishwasher water pipe help!

My problem is the dishwasher water kit does not hookup to the old CPCV white piping. The kit and the adapter on the old pipe are the same type, both male, I think. My question: Is there a pipe connector or coupling to go between them?

Default Re: Dishwasher water pipe help!

You mentioned CPVC, is this the water supply pipe? Were you looking for something to put on the CPVC to send water to the DW? If yes, than a 1/4 turn water shut off valve would be optimal, they type with the compression ring will work easily. A #29 I believe.

Default Re: Dishwasher water pipe help!

Quote Originally Posted by EWAUGH View Post
    My problem is the dishwasher water kit does not hookup to the old CPCV white piping. The kit and the adapter on the old pipe are the same type, both male, I think. My question: Is there a pipe connector or coupling to go between them?
    When you say kit --- is this the 90 degree fitting that came with the dishwasher ?

If so the installation instructions that came with the dishwasher should have a section describing how the water supply is attached to the fill valve.

Basically --- wrap the exposed male threads on one end of the 90 degree fitting with Teflon tape --- attach that end to the fill valve on the dishwasher --- wrap Teflon tape to the exposed male threads on both the other end of the 90 degree fitting and the threads on the hot water supply line connection --- go to a plumbing supply center and get a braided fill hose of the appropriate length with appropriate sized female ends and connect . --- done.

"" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush