+ Reply to Thread

Default Flowerbed retaining block color for Red Brick house

This is my first house, and like all new home owners....I want it too look nice, but I have NO idea what I am doing. This is the photo of my house. I want to build a nice low retaining wall (I think that's it...maybe block border I should say) for the flower bed. I was considering doing the block in a neutral beige color...with red mulch....and painting the trim of the windows off white...and adding square wooden columns where the metal supports are on the porch. I'm going to keep the shutters black.

PS...when I first bought the house....everything but the brick was white. It was white overload. ANY advice is much appreciated. Pictures or links are SO appreciated!
    Last edited by MrsEdmonds; 04-03-2011 at 03:44 AM. Reason: adding picture

Default Re: Flowerbed retaining block color for Red Brick house

For anyone who wants to see a pic of the house...let me know

Hi - Yes, please add a picture of your house, it would make it easier for us to give you some ideas.

Have you considered building the flowerbed from the same colour bricks as the house? That way the eye is drawn to what is different (ie. the plants ) rather than the structure.

For some reason it won't allow me to post a photo. Please send an email to ReneeRedmonds@gmail and I will reply with a photo of the flower beds.