+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: copper pipe

Default Re: copper pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area..Ca View Post
    the thread was started for advice on possible options to fix a problem, not for old men who think their way is the only way to fix something and talk crap about everybody who doesnt agree with them.
    Your personal attack on John was uncalled for, regardless who was right or wrong. Sometimes folks suggest different things because codes do differ from place to place.

Next time, if you disagree with someone, why don't you just say so. Otherwise somebody else will do it to you... and it won't be pleasant.

he attacked first if you read the thread but im not surprised by your response since you always agree with him or wait for his opinion.

These forums aren't for discussing politics or religion, yet somehow it seems almost any discussion of the merits and pitfalls of piping materials nearly always sounds religious or political.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area..Ca View Post
    he attacked first if you read the thread but im not surprised by your response since you always agree with him or wait for his opinion.
    No, I disagree, he never attacked YOU first. Since when is saying something funny about the state of California considered an attack on you personally? The state of California is often rediculed by many, sometimes unfairly, so take it lightly.

Just let it be, and move on. And if there are things you don't like here, hey, nobody forces you to participate. As far as me agreeing with John - it's only when he's right in my opinion, that I support his stand. Also, if he answers before me, it has to do with the 3 hour difference between the east coast and the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    In the real world he can't get enough heat on it to solder it how can he possibly heat it enough to braze it? Most of the time when making these repairs your working through a 18" hole in the concrete. Depending on the depth of the line many times you have a problem keeping the torch lite for lack of oxygen.

John
    this was against me and not california. the original poster was looking for options to fix the problem,not somebody to say everybody else except them is right.

why doint you tell each other your sorry and doint do that again?