+ Reply to Thread

Default Antique Baby Bassinet

Hi folks.........

Wasn't sure where else to post this....hope it is the appropriate space.....

Need any info anyone might be able to offer up on the photo below. This was in the attic of a co-worker. We know that it is a bassinet for a baby. It is wrought iron. Obviously, the part the baby was put in is missing. We were wondering if anyone might have an idea of what the material might have been for the actual bassinet part....wicker, cloth???? All around the rocking rim, there are holes.

peace,
    Sophie

Default Re: Antique Baby Bassinet

Quote Originally Posted by SophieC View Post
    Hi folks.........

Wasn't sure where else to post this....hope it is the appropriate space.....

Need any info anyone might be able to offer up on the photo below. This was in the attic of a co-worker. We know that it is a bassinet for a baby. It is wrought iron. Obviously, the part the baby was put in is missing. We were wondering if anyone might have an idea of what the material might have been for the actual bassinet part....wicker, cloth???? All around the rocking rim, there are holes.

Look at the links below you might run up on the info your looking for.
    Good Luck

http://www.stylehive.com/bookmark/br...-elegant-30159

http://www.babycribcentral.com/types/baby-cradle.asp
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Default Re: Antique Baby Bassinet

Yes, I've seen some of those. The only thing is, the one I have here does not have the part that the baby would lie in made out of iron like those others are. I would think that if it had been made out of iron, it would have been with the pieces up in the attic. I just don't know what it would have been and that is what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks for the links though.
    peace,
    Sophie