+ Reply to Thread

Talking Shark Bite Fittings

I feel Cash Acme Shark Bite fittings can make anyone into a plumber. Its almost like working with tinker toys you can join copper, cpvc and pex and then take them apart and put them back together. They are rated for underground and behind walls I can't see myself sweating many more pipes
    Last edited by BobVila; 03-26-2011 at 09:20 PM. Reason: punctuation

Default Re: Shark Bite Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by BobVila View Post
    I feel Cash Acme Shark Bite fittings can make anyone into a plumber. Its almost like working with tinker toys you can join copper, cpvc and pex and then take them apart and put them back together. They are rated for underground and behind walls I can't see myself sweating many more pipes
    Careful, Bob, this sounds almost like spam.

I haven't used them, but they certainly are intriguing. I'm trying to convince my cousin in ND who knows nothing about plumbing that she can fix her broken pipe herself by using them . Not too much success on that front, so far. (If I lived closer I'd fix it myself, but a thousand miles is too far to drive for the weekend. )
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

Default Re: Shark Bite Fittings

They are great if you have one or two connection to make, but if you're doing a big job you would need a Brinks truck to pay for them.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb