+ Reply to Thread

Default split level heat/air problem

Should I install damper in duct to increase/decress air flow and pressure.

Default Re: split level heat/air problem

Sure,but what problem are you having? Is it one room? Have you tried adjusting the register openings? A poor mans methode i used years agao was to put tinfoil on the bottom side of the registers to control how much air they could let out. Adequate cold air returns?

Quote Originally Posted by tgaliano View Post
    Should I install damper in duct to increase/decress air flow and pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Miller View Post
    Sure,but what problem are you having? Is it one room? Have you tried adjusting the register openings? A poor mans methode i used years agao was to put tinfoil on the bottom side of the registers to control how much air they could let out. Adequate cold air returns?
    I'm a first time user. Dont know if this will work on the BB the basic problem is I don't have much air flow from the lower level parts of my home

Hot air rises and cold air drops……..

If you do not have dampers on the registers and can not afford them then Tim offers a great suggestion with the foil.

I live in an open floor plan two story with one return on the main level. I close the registers upstairs in the winter and open them on the main level. Just the opposite in the summer. I also have a few paddle fans that have been on 24/7 since I have lived here. They blow air up in the winter and down in the summer. I am installing a couple more this spring before the heat of summer……….. No AC for me this year.