+ Reply to Thread

Default What is the shipping cost for 20 km

I want to make 16 feet by 8 feet patio in my backyard.
    In fact I want purchase it and install it. so I want to know the shipping cost. The difference between my home and the place where I'll buy is 20 km. so what will be the shipping cost.

thanks

Default Re: What is the shipping cost for 20 km

Well, you could always call a few suppliers and find out what they would charge. That would be more accurate than asking us. I assume you plan to use concrete; you didn't say what material you planned to use.

Concrete is one of those things where the price can fluctuate daily depending on market conditions. And now when the market isn't good, you'll likely get a better price than what you would have two years ago.

You said "20 km" which to me indicates that you are not in the United States. You didn't say what country you are in. Most of the folks on here live in the United States, so if someone gave you a ballpark estimate it probably wouldn't apply in your situation. Most Americans think in miles, where a mile is approximately 1.6 km. (But then, if you were outside of the US you probably would have measured your patio in meters instead of feet... what do I know?)
    Last edited by Fencepost; 03-19-2009 at 09:18 AM.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.

As Fencepost said, you didn't say where you're at or what the material was, so it's going to be difficult to say. If you're going with some pre-fab structure from a retail outlet, they generally offer delivery. Depending on the store it maybe included, it may not. Most lumber suppliers deliver, that delivery cost is usually a set fee based on distance. In these parts $65 seems to be the magic number. If you're going with concrete, the price is per cubic yard, delivery charges vary. If you're going with concrete there are other fees involved too (standing fee, fuel, etc).
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencepost View Post
    Well, you could always call a few suppliers and find out what they would charge. That would be more accurate than asking us. I assume you plan to use concrete; you didn't say what material you planned to use.

Concrete is one of those things where the price can fluctuate daily depending on market conditions. And now when the market isn't good, you'll likely get a better price than what you would have two years ago.

You said "20 km" which to me indicates that you are not in the United States. You didn't say what country you are in. Most of the folks on here live in the United States, so if someone gave you a ballpark estimate it probably wouldn't apply in your situation. Most Americans think in miles, where a mile is approximately 1.6 km. (But then, if you were outside of the US you probably would have measured your patio in meters instead of feet... what do I know?)
    I am in Dallas.
    And the distance between my home and the retail shop is approx to 22 miles.
    I think now you may count shipping cost.
    Suggestions please