+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy noisy Pergo flooring

We built an inlaw suite in our 2 bay garage last fall. Because it was at a lower level than the house, the subfloor was raised about a foot. This allowed easy plumbing and wiring. The joists were correctly laid and plywood was put on top.The Pergo had its own underlayment. It looks great (wide plank rustic chestnut). After a few months, it began to pop in certain areas when walked on. I mean a REALLY loud popping sound that wakes one up at night. It started in the den and has now spread to our bedroom. Someone told us the apply a board over the affected area and hammer it hard. That was no solution. Can anyone help with this maddening problem? Have others experienced this?

Default Re: noisy Pergo flooring

Was there an expansion joint of 1/4" or so left open around all the edges? Does the floor seem to me lifting up (tenting) in some areas? Was the subfloor leveled ?

Pergo is a wood laminate type of flooring meant to be installed as a floating floor.There were several stains on the carpet that had been caused by her Great Danes and these had to be covered with furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRemodeler View Post
    Was there an expansion joint of 1/4" or so left open around all the edges? Does the floor seem to me lifting up (tenting) in some areas? Was the subfloor leveled ?
    Every question that you have forwarded was carefully done including using a laser level on the subfloor. The wood is not tenting and looks good everywhere. Thank you for your input and trying to help. Barbara H.

Every question that you have forwarded had been carefully done, including using a laser level on the subfloor. It is not tenting and actually looks good everywhere. Thank you for your input and trying to resolve this maddening problem. Barbara H.

Sorry but how does this response apply to my question? I am new at this and cannot relate to it the way it is written! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by thepines View Post
    Sorry but how does this response apply to my question? I am new at this and cannot relate to it the way it is written! Thank you.
    You didn't say, but I assume you are referring to the post by susiegreen62. Don't worry about the post. She's just a spammer on the loose.

Jim
    www.aFloorPro.com

Thank you for your reassurance, Jim. I just couldn't relate to the answer! Barbara