+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default 55/64 female to 15/16 female faucet adapter?

A few months ago, I replaced our old bathroom faucet with a new one. I do not know the brand of the old model but the new model is a cheap Glacier Bay.

I have a large aquarium in the dining room and I have an expensive suction cleaner for it. The aquarium cleaner would work by unscrewing the faucet aerator, screwing in an adapter that came w/ the cleaner and screwing the hose onto it. The suction of the running faucet sucks out the old fish water.

The Glacier Bay hookup is different than the previous faucet. The GB has a male hookup, the old one was female. [U]I believe I need a 55/64" female to 15/16" female adapter.[/U] Does such a thing exist and can someone direct me to a store where I can buy it?The local big box store was not helpful. I went to a reputable plumbing supply store but they sent me home with a $5 adapter that was incorrect. Too much garbage on the web is making it difficult to do a search.

The Great White North

Default Re: 55/64 female to 15/16 female faucet adapter?

Try this place http://www.nrgsavers.com/new.htm ------ bottom right corner on page.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Re: 55/64 female to 15/16 female faucet adapter?

try a good local hardware store, i usually have better luck fing adaptors like that at an ACE or DOIT BEST than even a plumbing supply