+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy need help and suggestions on how to get this done

HI i am looking for help and suggestion on how i can raise money to save a historicalhome. The delima is that you can get help after you own a historical home but cant find help in buying one. I fell in love with this house over 30 years ago and now it has been empy and on the market over 4 years now, The plan is if i can buy it then getting it on the national regestry, after it is on the regestry i can get help and grants to preserve it. I am amazed there is a loop hole in the system of preservation that you can't find help in buying a historical home. if anyone can help it would be greatly apprecated.
    Last edited by historicalhome312; 02-09-2011 at 07:09 AM.

Unhappy Re: need help and suggestions on how to get this done

On another site i had been posting on and one person ask a few questions about why would i help you on this. He also said what is the plan about what would happen after i could buy the house, it would be a private resident. Well due to the codes and the historical distric it has to stay a personal resident, but with certain grants it could be opened to the public a few times a year for tours and social events. I would also like to have arcitectrul and preservation studens come and study it and make suggestions on the preservation of it. I would like to set it up in a trust that if anything happend to me it would be left to the city, with stiplations that it be preserved and could never be torn down no matter what. So if anyone could help or make suggestions please let me know. historicalhome312@hotmail.com The groups that would use it on special occasions and tours, and holidays would be the local preservation society, the local arts council, and the local main street project
    Last edited by historicalhome312; 02-09-2011 at 07:16 AM. Reason: grammer

Default Re: need help and suggestions on how to get this done

here is the link for the campaign http://www.thepoint.com/campaigns/campaign-0-393
    just copy and paste in browser to vew web site home page. thanks everyone who reads this