+ Reply to Thread

Question No outside dryer vent in upstairs laundry

Our house has the laundry room upstairs which is great except it has no out side dryer vent. We have the "water bucket" vent and hate it. The room's windows open to the front of the house and are right over the front porch roof. I'm afraid if I put a vent out the wall it will blow lint all over the roof. What do you guys suggest?

Default Re: No outside dryer vent in upstairs laundry

Howdy, venting threw the roof is a workable solution cleaning the dryer lint screen often will help to reduce stack linting. Or you could conider installing a longer hoisonal vent in the attic and vent out a different exposure of the house / roof.

Default Re: No outside dryer vent in upstairs laundry

If the porch roof meets the wall at a point higher than the laundry room floor and there is "attic space" above the porch, you may be able to run ductwork through this space out to a side wall (gable end) of the porch.
    The "Senior Member" designation under my name doesn't mean I know a lot, it just means I talk a lot.I've been a DIYer since I was 12 (thanks, Dad!). I have read several books on various home improvement topics. I do not have any current code books I can refer to. I was an apprentice plumber for two years.