+ Reply to Thread

Default Ceramic Disk faucets by Central Brass of Cleveland

I was watching Richard on Ask This Old House demonstrate about various faucet valves and HE SAID that these CERAMIC STEM faucets last a long time and actually GET BETTER with use. Well I have Central Brass faucets with the ceramic stems and they don't last. Many other manufacturers give LIFETIME warranties. Central Brass of Cleveland gives buyers ONLY a ONE YEAR warranty. I just got an email stating this!

So which is a good brand? I am tired spending good money on parts for these Central Brass faucets.

I even made a blog about them.

http://central-brass-sucks.blogspot.com/

I know Kohler, Delta, American Standard, and most of the faucets you see at the big home centers are warranted for life. (the original owners and it has to be a residential install)

Any suggestions would be AWESOME!

And stop by my blog if you want to post anything too!

http://central-brass-sucks.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Ceramic Disk faucets by Central Brass of Cleveland

Central Brass has always been a builders faucet. We have used Delta for over 30 yrs. and have had very little problems with them. As far as there warranty it's one of the best. Just call there 800# and they will ship what ever you need free of charge.

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnjh2o View Post
    Central Brass has always been a builders faucet. We have used Delta for over 30 yrs. and have had very little problems with them. As far as there warranty it's one of the best. Just call there 800# and they will ship what ever you need free of charge.

John
    Yeah I noticed that. One thing also, about Delta, I notice they have little rubber seats and springs they sell them by the BAG in Home Depot that go UNDER the Ceramic valve for them. DO YOU notice these things going a lot?

I noticed some like American Standard and Kohler don't have that and are just the valve and NOTHING under it.

Actually my biggest concern is having to shell out 20 or 30 bucks every few years.

Thanks John,

PS I would stay away from Central Brass, they just emailed saying they warranty the PVD finish only.

Nick, Delta has been using the seats and springs you speak of sense day one with very little problem. That is one of the features of Delta, they have been using the same design for a long time. Kohler and American Standard change the design very often making it very hard to find replacement parts without having the year and model of the faucet you are trying to repair. Even then you are taking the chance that the parts you need are no longer available.

John

I was reading the aritcles here and some people say you can clean a ceramic disc valve? How can you do this to a cartridge? I understand the lever type faucet...but a cartridge?

One thing, I never buy ANYTHING from Central Brass!

I have lots of valves in my house. I have one old antique faucet in my basment, that must be from the 1950s or 1940s from probably "chicago brass" (maybe) I cahnged the washers in that when I was a kid over 10 years and still no drips!

Central Brass seems to drip fast...washers OR ceramics!

And all the other valves, like the shut off valves for my various sinks and my hose outlet they work great, no drips.

I think I just have to start buying some other CONSUMER BRAND.

Central Brass must be not a good option for regular consumers.

Central Brass quality really sucks too!