+ Reply to Thread

Default Tiffany oringinal stained glass windows

I HAVE THESE INCREDIBLE WINDOWS FOR SALE, I DON'T KNOW THE BEST WAY TO LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEM. I THOUGHT OF POSSIBLE HOME BUILDERS, IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS WHO I SHOULD CONTACT PLEASE LET ME KNOW. MANY MANY THANKS

TIFFANY ORINGINAL MAGNIFICENT STAINED GLASS WINDOWS

When you think of the most beautiful and luxurious stained glass in the world, you should think antique authentic Tiffany stained glass. Their stained glass has been gracing glorious churches and the most lavish homes for over 30 years. With a reputation like that, everyone who wants to experience the good life wants a piece of the most famous stained glass in the world. Here is how to get some for yourself.

THE HOUSE THESE CAME OUT OF WAS BUILT IN 1908, IT IS AN HISTORIAL HOME. WITH MAGNIFICENT MOLDINGS , ARCHWAYS AND
    EXTREME DETAIL.

Well-known artists' windows on display include Louis Comfort Tiffany and John LaFarge, as well as Chicago artists Ed Paschke and Roger Brown. The museum also presents unique contemporary pieces including stained glass portraits of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and Michael Jordan and a window created from soda pop bottles.

The Richard H. Driehaus Gallery of Stained Glass is also featured within the Smith Museum of Stained Glass Windows. This extraordinary collection features 13 windows that highlight the work of Louis Comfort Tiffany and his workshop from 1890-1930.

All 13 windows come from Tiffany's studio in New York City, and he specifically designed most of the stained glass. Tiffany first began experimenting with glass art in 1873. He opened the Tiffany Glass Company in 1885; it then became the Tiffany Glass and Decorating Company and later Tiffany Studios. After designing hundreds of beautiful windows for churches, public buildings and homes of his wealthy clients, Tiffany became one of the most well-known glass designers in the United States, and his reputation for experimentation in stained glass techniques and originality in design is unsurpassed.

The Tiffany windows in the Driehaus Gallery, some of which are pairs or triptychs, are showcased in an enclosed, dark area and lit with artificial light. This theatrical atmosphere gives visitors the opportunity to view the windows in the most vivid setting possible. Each window in this exhibition incorporates several types of glass crafted from various techniques, including d****ry, opalescent, etched and enameled glass. The glass plates are held in place by copper foil and lead, which support the windows and make them durable and weather resistant. The relationship between the different colors, the densities of layers and the techniques applied combine to create extraordinary luminescence and vibrancy of color and detail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	2278  

Default Re: Tiffany oringinal stained glass windows

Howdy consider contacting some museums to see if they would be interested... There is a tiffany museum in the Tampa Fl area. that you might consider.

Depending what part of the country consider googling antique restoration salvage companies and have them bid on the glass.

Or drop them off at my grand home in a small town in Nebraska an they will be prised and displayed for generations...

Default Re: Tiffany oringinal stained glass windows

my wife owns an art gallery in boston and i mentioned this to her. she said that there's many reputable antique shops and art galleries that might be interested in them if they are indeed authentic. you can also consider auctioning them off at an art auction. if you would like any more information on taking this route, let me know.