My counter tops and back splash are all formica which has started to come up at seam and on some edges. The backsplash portion around one of the wall mounted faucets seems to have pulled away from wall. I can push in to wall for about 8 inches then and before this area is secure to wall. What I want to do is change the counter tops to tile and the back splash to the small glass type. Can I do this over the formica?? Of course with some sanding to smooth out bad areas in the formica.