+ Reply to Thread

Default How to remove a window from a wall and close it up

An additional room was added to my house by previous owners, and it shares a wall with my bathroom. Very odd to be able to look out into a room from a bathroom window. The shared wall was exterior, so the wall is stucco. What's the easiest solution - can i throw up drywall over the window?

Default Re: How to remove a window from a wall and close it up

well you cant just put drywall up over the window. youll have to remove the window sashes and frame along with the trim. from there put some studs in the opening which will give you something to fasten drywall to provided both sides are both interior . if one side is still exteior youll need to put insulation in the stud spaces then put some plywood on the outside and make it weather proof
    fire up the saw and make some dust

You can also Butter the sides of each brick and throw lines, moving the reference lead to the end of each course and control of the vertical joints are aligned with the original brick with a spirit level. As the sponge masonry mortar hardens and the use of a rake of the mortar joints.

You are looking at removing the old window completely, which includes the window frame itself, not just the glas holding bits. The frame face entends into the original room as far as the face of the drywall, so the frame has to go. Once the window is removed, you can add studding to the window frame and drywall on the inside. On the outside - were you planning on matching the original stucco?

Default How to get rid of the Allotment in Golf

How to get rid of the Allotment in Golf

slice in golf is a affectionate of attack that distracts the appropriate administration of the ball. A brawl wants to the ambition end but the allotment in the attack causes the brawl to move in the appropriate or larboard rather than beeline to the ambition end. There are aswell abounding added amiss shots in the golf but allotment is the affliction attack and bothers a golfer a lot abnormally if you are an abecedarian or beginner.Many golfers are not acquainted or acquainted of this aggravating attack and they accumulate on accomplishing efforts to get rids of it for months or years. However, if you appropriately assay the capital factors causing the slice, you can calmly get rid of it aural some canicule or weeks.If your anchor is bound abundant to adhere on to the club so it doesn't fly out of your calmly if you are swinging, afresh it doesn't allegation to be any tighter than that. This blazon of a anchor allows your calmly to absolution through the brawl naturally. If your anchor is too tight, the club face will not absolution at appulse and abide open. This is what can could could could cause you to allotment the ball.

Hi, all!
    This is actually my first post on these boards, hopefully you guys could help me with this little problem.
    I realize I'm bumping an old thread, but I didn't quite seem to get what I needed from it.
    I am in a similar situation as the original poster on this conversation. There was a room added to the house that shares a wall with part of the dining room and bedroom. It also shares a window with the bedroom which I wanted to completely remove and close in.
    The shared wall has sheetrock on the bedroom side, but it still has the exterior wooden siding on the other side. I really wanted to install sheetrock where the siding is now.
    So, what would be the best way to go about removing and closing up the window and also installing sheetrock on that wall?

Quote Originally Posted by JCinator View Post
    Hi, all!
    This is actually my first post on these boards, hopefully you guys could help me with this little problem.
    I realize I'm bumping an old thread, but I didn't quite seem to get what I needed from it.
    I am in a similar situation as the original poster on this conversation. There was a room added to the house that shares a wall with part of the dining room and bedroom. It also shares a window with the bedroom which I wanted to completely remove and close in.
    The shared wall has sheetrock on the bedroom side, but it still has the exterior wooden siding on the other side. I really wanted to install sheetrock where the siding is now.
    So, what would be the best way to go about removing and closing up the window and also installing sheetrock on that wall?
    Code says: a bedroom must have a window to the exterior. The size of the window depends on the size of the room.

If you remove that window, will you be in violation?

Thanks for the response!
    There is another window in the bedroom that leads to the exterior, I believe it is a 3x4. So, that wouldn't be a concern in this case.

So, any suggestions?