+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Default Re: Build your own cabinets

Quote Originally Posted by ****hiller View Post
    Sprucey's shop is crowded cause it's full of empty beer cases.
    I doubt they're empty. The empty cans go to the recycler to buy more full cans.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    I doubt they're empty. The empty cans go to the recycler to buy more full cans.
    Jack
    I figured he was savin' the glass empties for more home brewin'. That's what I do anyway.

Shows ya what you guys know, I don't drink macro-swill, so no cans here, and I don't drink bottled microbrew either. I bottle in 1/2 gallon growlers because if it's worth doing, it's worth doing RIGHT! LOL

I get empty 12 ouncers as I need them from friends, which isn't often.

Speaking of brew, it's time I do a batch of pale ale, I'm getting tired of the stuff at the pub.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

It depends on what you want to do annd how high-end you want your cabinets to be before going for. Wish you luck!

Man...I was just checking and this thread is only at 250..something. What happened to the good old days when we were over 1,000?

Hey does anyone remember GH's recipe for filler?

BTW...is it true that the caloric content of beer is driven almost entirely by the alcohol content?

In the good old days, you were actually working on your projects and posting.

****ie's been busy and hasn't stopped in lately. I'm sure he will when he sees this and will be able to answer the filler question.

No, there's more to beer, particularly home brew, than alcohol that ads calories. You're not working on love handles are ya Walt?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Doh....first DW busts my chops and now Spruce!!!?? Hey...I have been pursuing "other interests"

Love handles???...I never lost them. I see it more as a "energy ring" that I can sustain life off of when the apocolypse hits. I started thinking maybe if I cut back on the brewsky I might actually get down to a reasonable weight. I have really been into Bear Republic's Racer 5 lately. As far as I can tell each 12 oz bottle is about 210 calories. I simply drink far too much of it. I need to start drinking crap beers...which have about 1/2 the calories. Of course, then I will start to hate the taste of beer then the problem is solved entirely.

For the love of God, don't go back to macroswill! I can't say as I can approve your tastes in Bear Republic either, but any beer that isn't macroswill is a step in the right direction. I was at the BR brewery a few weeks ago and not impressed with the establishment not the beer. No accounting for folks' tastes I guess.

Spruce...I thought I had expensive beer tastes. Racer 5 goes for $11+tax for a six pack around these parts. So not only am I getting fat...but broke as well

Off one of your posts, I discovered a beer called Aladash (or something like that) that is and IPA aged in old whiskey barrels. That stuff is like $19 for a 28 oz bottle. It is amazingly good though. Even my brother in law (the family beer snob) liked it.

-W

Beer is expensive everywhere due to the shortage of hops and grains. I'm hoping this year will cure the hop shortage, who knows when the grain problem will correct itself. The second problem is that craft brews have gained popularity in the last few years, so much so that the number one swill producer has turned to making "craft" brew, trying to dominate yet another market.