+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Default Build your own cabinets

Sooo...is the regular cast of characters out there? Should we start over here?

Ok...I am thinking of making my own cabinets for a kitchen renovation. This is a good idea, right?

Default Re: Build your own cabinets

So , if you had to do it over again ......

Quote Originally Posted by waltdeckhouse View Post
    Sooo...is the regular cast of characters out there? Should we start over here?

Ok...I am thinking of making my own cabinets for a kitchen renovation. This is a good idea, right?
    NO!!!!! It's a terrible idea!!! Don't do it!!!!

Walter, Walter, Walter, great to see you over here! When you get a chance, give us an update of where you're at with your cabinet project, and while you're at it, throw up a link to your photo account so these fine folks can see your handy work.

How are those blinds coming along? Have you found your striped shirt and brown hat yet?

I think its a great idea if you have all the tools and the right know how. I'm planning on building my own cabinets for my house that I am finishing a major remodel on. As you know with building your own cabinets you can get exactly what you want and you know that quality workmanship went into it. Good luck and have fun doing it

Mike

Sabo, Walt started a thread on the old forum well over a year ago when he started building cabinets for his kitchen. He went from not having much equipment or know-how to a pretty well stocked shop and doing his thing. He even poured his own concrete counter tops. If you're interested, I could wrangle up a link to the old thread for a look-see.

Mr. Deckhouse...........sir,

Great to see you here.

Times change and with them.............the location of the TOH forum board.

Welcome home. <G>

Hope all is well with you and yours.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Sabo, Walt started a thread on the old forum well over a year ago when he started building cabinets for his kitchen. He went from not having much equipment or know-how to a pretty well stocked shop and doing his thing. He even poured his own concrete counter tops. If you're interested, I could wrangle up a link to the old thread for a look-see.
    I see I didn't realize until recently that there had been another site for TOH posts. I would like to see the old thread if possible. I've been building cabinets and furniture part time for about 12 years now and like to see how other people are doing it.
    Thanks
    Mike

Here you go. Started in July of '05 and now over 800 posts long. It is the longest running thread TOH has ever had, and it's been a great ride.

http://boards.pathfinder.com/cgi-bin...i.2@.ef125b0/0

Hopefully the Moderators are able to save this thread in some form for this new site. It would be such a shame to lose all the info that has been passed along over the years. At the very least, we'll try to get Walt to repost the link to his photo album of the process.

Enjoy.

I dunno, but my wife I'm sure would rather have seen me make kitchen cabs for a customer rather than these...but I needed to try out some new Infinity raised panel router bits, some left over 5/4 mahogany from the porches I built here and a lil' poplar and some green stain I made and had a lil time tween' projects so I started this dopey project on my van...I should be done today and I'll come back and post the final results...Jus' messin' around was all
    I know.. I know get back to work....ugh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raised panels in production.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raised panels pre sanding and glue.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van cabs project.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	27.8 KB 
ID:	183   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van cabs under way.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van cabs with crown.jpg 
Views:	752 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	185  

Last edited by andybuildz; 09-16-2007 at 12:26 AM.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Finished results will be posted here later this evening I hope...my wifes gonna kill me if i spend any more time on this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van cab end for office supplies.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van cabs.jpg 
Views:	524 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	van cabs poplar stained green.jpg 
Views:	469 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	188  
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו