+ Reply to Thread

Angry Help Squirrel issue

I have a closet that is insulated in my garage , I use it to store totes of the opposite seasons clothing. Christmas tree and other crap that wont fit in my tiny rental house. Well a critter ( ive seen a pita squirrel climbing thru a hole it made by the roof of the garage). Ive set live traps and put a cut up snickers in it (thats what i was told to do peanutbutter etc. it gets in and eats whatever is in the trap and gets out without setting it off) it has DESTROYED the insulation in the closet there are trails all over and ive put rat traps in there somehow this Ninja Warrior Squirrel gets the pb off the trap but doesnt set it off. Call me a ruthless crazed woman but i mixed pb and antifreeze the lil jerk ate it and is still alive. I need help before i go INSANE , im scared to death it go in there to get stuff out . HELP ME PLEASE !

Default Re: Help Squirrel issue

Consider having the hole plugged before the squrrel has babies in the garage. They tend to then come back with finess once they nest. They do not like moth balls but are smart. I finally rid ours by securing the hole and putting moth balls in an old sock hung on the inside of the hole.
    To bad homeowners insurance does not cover rodent damage. Now if it was a racoon then theres is coverage, not to mention much bigger holes into roofs...

Default Re: Help Squirrel issue

Thanks for your help I did plug the one hole and trim the tree next to the garage but i dont know where there are other holes.Which im sure the pita has plenty. Ill take pictures of the wall later today so you can see the mess. I too wish it was covered.